CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Monday, July 25, 2016

WOW! July 25, 2016

Hello friends! :)

Something I've learned on my mission so far is a greater sense of
importance of WOW (the word of wisdom). There are a lot of people I've
worked with that have some sort of addiction, whether it's smoking,
drinking, or even meth. Just the other day, we were on an online call
with a woman who is trying to come closer to Christ and overcome
temptation. She said there was a half bottle of wine in her fridge and
we convinced her to dump it out! I know God has given us commandments
to take care of our bodies, have the Spirit, and rely on Him to fix
our problems instead of harmful or addictive substances. If we follow
the guidelines He has placed before us, we'll be blessed!

In other news, our investigator Ricky taught us the latest dance move
of dabbing! Then we taught the assistants at ward coordination
meeting...good times.

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. NINE MONTHS SAY WHAT?!
2. The district - business in the front, party in the back
3. Farewell to Sisters Hyde, Young, Stokes, Willis </3
4. Best friend Ricky!







No comments:

Post a Comment