CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Who let the dogs out?‏ July 11, 2016

The sister missionaries...We accidentally let our investigator's
chihuahua, Stumpy, out and had to chase him all over the neighborhood
but we finally herded him back in the gate! I'm grateful nothing bad
happened.

I'm also grateful for my experience working as a lifeguard and
teaching swim lessons because it's definitely paid off. S/o to
Arrowhead! #getAMPed #twowhistleTony #walkbud The other day I swept
someone's back porch and it reminded me of sweeping water after hosing
the deck! I also love when kid groups come into the Trail Center
because I get to play teacher again.

In other news...we've had a few more lessons with Ricky! We even
brought Father Bruun with us and he really got him to open up. We
talked about church and Ricky said he may seem all high and mighty
now, but that he'd probably have to write his name on his hand because
he'd be so nervous he'd forget! I don't know why but we all laughed so
hard; that kid cracks me up. He was still excited to go and even told
us what outfit he planned but he ended up not showing. :( As a
missionary you really just want others to be happy, and a lot of times
you end up with rejections and disappointments but you just have to
move forward.

On a happier note, Bob and Lucy traveled to Arizona to visit their
daughter and they got to meet my parents too!! It sounds like they had
a good time. :)

Stay cool my friends.

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S. Fun with whip cream for the 4th of July with Leslie! (Hopefully
the videos work)
P.P.S. Lunch adventures in a cemetery
P.P.P.S. Little Trinity!


I FORGOT THE BEST PART ABOUT RICKY. He has honestly grown so much
since Sister Parsons and I first started teaching him. He knows that
the Book of Mormon is true and that Christ's true church was really
restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. He says the greatest
prayers. He was finally able to forgive himself about something in his
past that he never thought he would be able to let go. I love seeing
the Atonement of Jesus Christ work miracles in peoples' lives like our
friend Ricky. The church is true.






No comments:

Post a Comment