CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Proud to be an American July 4, 2016

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! #MURICA

Something that I love about Nebraska is they know how to celebrate.
Fireworks have been going off for the past week and a half and so I'm
excited to see what tonight brings!

Two awesome highlights from this week:

Kathy had to get a new phone because she got locked out of her old one
and lost all her pictures and memory. We had been trying to get the
Book of Mormon downloaded because she can't read but she didn't have
enough room on her phone. Now she does! Kathy even said maybe it
needed to happen so that she could download the gospel library. She's
already listened to the first few chapters. :)

We went to visit one of our members, Tatianna, and she had her
nonmember friend Amanda over! Amanda grew up going to a church, but
recently has felt like she is growing distant from God. The day before
she had been at the doctors, when a random man came up to her and said
"Don't worry, good things are yet to come". Then we met her the next
day and she felt like it was a sign! She asked if we could teach her,
and it turns out she's in a different area, which seems to happen all
the time, but we referred her to some elders and she is excited to
meet with them!

I know that God is so aware of all of us, and I am so grateful to live
in this great nation. I'm grateful for all the sacrifices that have
been made so that we could be blessed with freedom! Ether 2:12

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
Taking a break to dance in the rain
Goodbye Hansens! I've loved being able to "taken" and serve with them. Black heart (cards)
Happy 4th with my favorite Brit and Swede!




No comments:

Post a Comment