CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Sunday, July 24, 2016

#thrash July 18, 2016

You're probably wondering why the title of my email sounds like
something out of a horror movie. It's actually from a really cool
scripture we studied in district meeting! You can look up Ether 10:25
and D&C 35:13. It is our job to scout out the people who are truly
prepared. To do that we are focusing on sharing the message of the
Restoration and inviting people to be baptized with the first contact.
So far since last Wednesday, Sister Parsons and I have asked four
people - in our area and on tour! Our goal for the week is five. Just
one more to go!

I had the opportunity of taking three elders from Norfolk and their
investigator on tour and it was such a cool experience! Their ward was
having a youth temple trip but Adrian came to the trail center while
he waited. I can't even remember what I said half the time but that's
how I know it was a good tour because the Spirit was prompting me on
what I needed to share - and it was really different than how I
usually do things. Adrian was invited to continue to prepare for
baptism and the elders were invited to read D&C 136 - which was
written in Winter Quarters!! I love how my mission is in the
scriptures. I've been able to gain so much insight from that section.

Have an awesome possum week everybody! :)

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. Real butterfly kisses!
2. This is a few months ago from the zoo but it's my native land



I was so excited to meet Elder Edward Dube and his sweet family! (He
has a great conference talk from October 2013 called Look Ahead and
Believe - it's one of my favorites) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment