CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Wednesday, August 3, 2016

IT'S A GIRL! August 1, 2016

Hey y'all :)

I have another cute sister to train! And my first companion who's not
from Utah what! She's Sister Preator from TEXAS! I took her around
while knowing I was going to be her companion the next day...best kept
secret ever! She is awesome and so ready to be here and work hard it's
insane, she's basically training me. I just love her already!

This week some fun stuff happened and ironically enough I happened to
take this couple, McKell and Kendall, on tour for a second time! They
came to the trail center a few months ago because they had just moved
to Omaha for an internship, but now they're already moving back home.
They were so sweet. I can't believe the summer is already basically
over! Where did the time go?!

Happy birthday this month to Gillian, Jessmin, Shyann, and Savannah!
Party hardy my friends.

Most importantly, s/o to XAVIER for getting BAPTIZED last month!!!
Heavenly Father is so unbelievably proud of you for taking this step
of faith and I know you can really have the Holy Ghost as your
constant companion if you keep choosing the right.

Have another great week!

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. Proud mom :')
2. Sister Cope and her famous waffles!!


No comments:

Post a Comment