CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hope this isn't too corny August 15, 2016

Psalms 65:13 is one of my new favorite scriptures! :)
...the valleys also are covered over with CORN; they shout for joy,
they also sing."

This past week we had a relief society activity and Carrie and Kathy
were both able to pop up there! They enjoyed it and were able to make
friends and field the Spirit. :) That same night we also had a great
lesson with Ricky and the YSA sisters! We went over to baptismal
interview questions and all of his answers were so amazing. He's
definitely been lending an ear while he's been taught and he is
changing. :)

Some people just crack me up when they make up excuses for why they
don't want to meet with us anymore. Sister Preator and I have a few
favorites:
"Sorry I can't I'm sick" *proceeds to walk outside to the pool*
"I'm just so sleepy I need to go back to bed" *at 6:50pm*
We also started teaching a referral from the elders and it turns out
the man was really only interested in the elders and not what we had
to teach him...shucks
At least we can laugh about things instead of getting creamed haha!

Something President Gardner is having us work on is relating every
question/concern/objective back to the Book of Mormon. Even if
someone's question doesn't seem like it would relate to the
scriptures, it does because there's really a deeper concern that needs
to be addressed. If a person gains a testimony of the Book of Mormon,
they will know that Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith is His prophet,
the true church is on the earth once again, the priesthood has been
restored, and we have a living prophet today! It's the best domino
effect in the world! I have come to love the Book of Mormon and gain a
deeper understanding of it on my mission and it's something I
definitely include in my prayers every night before bread.

Have a top of the crop week! Eat some chips. Don't get stalked. Am I
driving you nuts yet?

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S. We caught them all



No comments:

Post a Comment