CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Monday, March 14, 2016

Time Traveling pt. 2‏ March 14, 2016

Hello all! :)

Daylight savings happened again...I still don't get it but it's fine! #AZprobs
I have like no time to email because we're going to OrangeLeaf with
Bailey in like five minutes (one of the young women in our branch,
also featured in the Brendel family pic)!

This week we had a special training meeting for all the sisters in the
mission which was way fun! I felt like I was back at girls camp. Also
our zone went to the temple on Friday! Oh how I have missed the
temple. I'm grateful to have one in my mission! I know that they are
truly the house of the Lord, and I'm grateful that because of them and
the priesthood power on the earth that we can be with our families
forever. :)

I promise to write more next week!

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
...the best/funniest district ever, I love the Brendels, and I love to
see the temple!





No comments:

Post a Comment