CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I leap you leap we all leap for Leap DAAY‏ February 29, 2016

Hope everyone is having a happy February 29th!
S/o to my bff-since-swim-kids Lauren! She had a birthday last week :)

So I don't have a ton of time but this week was good! We found a new
investigator named Harold who we met for dinner last Friday and taught
him. He suffered a heart attack not too long ago but he's doing a lot
better now and thanks God every day that he's still alive! He feels
like there's something he still needs to do in this life (obviously be
baptized haha). He has a strong desire to go to church but has worked
on Sundays for the past two years. I hope he can either switch his
schedule or job so that he can come.

On Saturday night we had a musical fireside that a lot of us
missionaries put on. Hutchison, Orton, and I sang a really cool
version of I Am a Child of God for the opening number! A lot of
nonmembers were there which was awesome. I don't think anyone could
have been there and not have felt the spirit.

Acts 3:8. Leap on.

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S. Missionary style parking in the empty church lot

P.S.S. You're a wizard Harry! - with the cute Van Haaften kiddos

No comments:

Post a Comment