CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Ding dong the winter is over!‏ March 21, 2016

Happy Spring everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day and all is well. :)

This week was crazy. We had a lesson with Harold at the Stimpson's home
and guess who decided they wanted to tag along? President and Sister
Gardner themselves! It was super intimidating at first but then I was
like "Sister Irwin why do you worry so much you're not even the real
teacher the Spirit it". It was sooo so good. We talked about the The
Book of Mormon and President Gardner bore a powerful testimony of the
importance of praying to know that it's true. I don't think there was
a dry eye in the room! Harold has had a really hard life but it's so
amazing to see the gospel already helping him.

Yesterday Sister Young and I spoke in sacrament meeting about faith
and enduring to the end! Then last night all the missionaries put on
another musical fireside, this time for the Papillion Stake. We had
such a huge turn out, the whole chapel and overflow were filled! I got
to be in three of the numbers. :)

Transfers are this week...Fronk and Gardner are going home home :(
Hopefully both of us are staying in this area! Especially since we
just moved houses TODAY. We did some last service for Sister Flynn out
in her orchard and got to drive the gator which was super fun because
I remember at Andersen Jr. High, Frank would always drive one of those
around and I have always wanted to do that! We picked up branches and
threw them in a huge pile for the scouts to have a bonfire. I miss
having bonfires in the desert! Ok wow sorry for being trunky, I'm done
now. :) Back to the matter at hand...we moved into the Ellis' basement
and there house is gorgeous! Plus they have a super cute yorkie named
Duke. We have to drive on a long dirt road to get there. It's
practically in the middle of nowhere surrounded by cornfields! I love
it!

I hope everyone has a happy Easter and remembers the Savior and His
sacrifice for all of us! Because He died and was resurrected, we all
can live again!

Love,
Sister Irwin





Our new crib....









No comments:

Post a Comment