CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Ask me about my grand-dog February 27, 2017

Sooo transfers happened and I had to say goodbye to my favorite Asian...but now I get to be with Sister Janson!! Also, I'm finally a GRANDMA! Sister Young is training the only new sister and I couldn't be more proud. :)

This week was good! We had a lesson with this former investigator Zach. He met with missionaries about a year ago and has read the whole Book of Mormon. He knows everything is true, but his parents are devout Catholics and they won't let him come to church. He's looking to move out, so we're trying to see if any guys in the ward are looking for a roommate. We also taught David this week and are praying he can come to church and some activities this week. The APs gave us yet another referral! His name is Boris and is originally from Africa. We had a hand off lesson with the elders at the trail center. He has so much faith!

On last thing before I go, I know the Lord guides us and directs this work. We are meeting YSAs left and right. I feel like those used to be so rare to come across, but now wherever we go, even knocking on doors, we find YSAs to talk to! The church is true.

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. Sister Henry wears my shirt better!
2. New comp Sister Janson! :)
3. Mesa better give a warm welcome to Sister Hall!
4. Queen Creek better give a warm welcome to Sister Smith!
5. Hermana Marshall also went home!







No comments:

Post a Comment