CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Tuesday, February 7, 2017

What should I call this email? February 6, 2017

This week was pretty chill. I had exchanges with Sister Orton in Bennington! That was fun. A lot of changes are being made to the Trail Center with our new directors. Four new senior couples, some pictures rearranged, new office and teaching center furniture, and different ways of starting tours. It's taking some time to get used to...but it's all good! The church is still true. 

On Friday, Sister Firth and I fasted for more direction and help in finding people to teach. The next day we traveled to this little town way on the Western side of our area  called Ashland. It was a cute little place; population 60? Not many people were out, but we were able to find a few possible YSAs!

Miracle moment: there's a girl I've been talking to on teaching center for a little over a month, and originally she came on chat wondering how to learn more about the gospel without having missionaries. Her parents are strict Catholics and she's only 16 so they didn't really approve of her going to another church. She has a good member friend who told her some things and taught her how to pray! I've been sharing a little bit with her about the church and sending her links to videos and such. Last week she told me that her parents decided it's her own choice and they are letting her go to church with her friend! I took that as the okay for me to actually start teaching her the lessons! She doesn't want to meet with her local missionaries just yet, she wants to meet them first before actually meeting with them. I'm going to call her some time this week and teach her the Restoration! :)

We cleaned the temple this morning. Love that place. And I love all of you! Have an awesome possum week.

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. Sister Orton + frosties = good exchange
2. Sister Youngberg came to visit!!
3. Tour from Germany
4. Companions that brush their teeth together, stay together




No comments:

Post a Comment