CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Wednesday, June 8, 2016

They see me mowing my front lawn‏ May 6, 2016

Hey y'all! :)

This week we visited with one of our members Lenel; she is such a
hoot! We had a fun time with her and we talked about the Plan of
Salvation and then she went off preaching to us about the importance
of prayer and walking by faith and how much she wanted to take us to
KFC haha. Speaking of prayer...I counted the other day the total
prayer count was over 30! There is no such thing as too much praying.
:)

Fun fact of the week, Sister Parsons taught me how to mow a lawn! So
we helped out Bob and Lucy with their front yard.

We found two new investigators this week! Ricky; who basically lives
at the Wright's house, and Hailey who is Amber's son's girlfriend!
Both just graduated and are so great. Ricky is kind of a punk kid who
you wouldn't think cares about religion and stuff and at first it
seemed like he was being bribed to meet with us but he is legit and
just doesn't want to admit that he loves the Book of Mormon!! He's
read every chapter we've given him so far!

On Sunday before church we stopped by the Prusia's house with cinnamon
rolls to get them to come because Brother Prusia jokingly said that's
what it would take but we held him to it! It turns out that Sister
Prusia wasn't feeling good so they were going to stay home but still
appreciated the kind gesture. But in other news....HAROLD WENT TO
CHURCH!!! His boss finally let him have a Sunday off which is a
miracle because he works at Cracker Barrel and Sundays are their
busiest days! I am so happy to hear that he is still progressing down
in good Cottonwood! Miracles happen my friends. :) Never underestimate
the power of prayer!

Love,
Sister Irwin

Happy Birthday to these lovely June birthdays...
Marissa! Wow I love you more than words and tell the whole Roberts fam
I say hi :)
Mahala! I still admire you for being the first girl to jump off the
cliff! You're the best!
Also to my Young daughter who is actually older than me..#walnutcreekforever
And to Sasha...you are my top dog

P.S.
1. Temple day with the Omaha zone
2. The fireflies are finally out and Sister Parsons caught one!!
3. Favorite tour this week with the Tucker family from SC
4. I found grace in the hood...did you?






No comments:

Post a Comment