CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Sunday, September 11, 2016

Parting is such sweet sorrow September 6, 2016

Hey y'all. :)

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day! I'm emailing now because the
library was closed yesterday and Bob and Lucy took us to the zoo!
There's not a ton of things to report on this week, but Sister Preator
and I taught the Restoration in the mall to one of the workers at a
little kiosk. He tried selling us this really nice lotion, and
succeeded, but we just wanted him to take a Book of Mormon! He ended
up not doing it because he was already really strong in his faith but
it's okay because a lot of people walked by and saw two strange girls
adamantly bearing their testimony about Jesus Christ and we got a
stellar deal on some body cream. ;)

Fun fact...Did you know that the lead singer of Imagine Dragons was
originally Elder Reynolds in the Nebraska Omaha Mission?? In fact, he
even served in this same area. Wow! I love them!

Back to things of more importance - yesterday was the day I said
goodbye to my trainer. :'( Ugh it's like part of my heart is leaving
the heartland with her. Along with Sister Strong, Slater, Laumua,
Murphy, and Robertson are all going home too. My group is the oldest
at the trail center now and it's weirding me out! I still don't know
what I'm doing half of the time. But I do know that God knows what
he's doing ALL the time! Always remember to trust in Him. Proverbs
3:5-6.

I'm going to start a special "40 day fast" for this transfer. Starting
next Monday I will just be writing my group emails and no personal
ones or letters for 6 weeks, also I may or may not read any as well I
haven't decided that part yet. I thought I'd try something out to give
even more up for the Lord's work because no sacrifice is too great!
The missionaries in the scriptures and the early days of the church
sometimes wouldn't have contact with their people for years and they
had a lot of success. Just know that I love all of you and appreciate
your love and support!

Til we meet again :)

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
District pic
Artsy district pic
Temple day
Ward mission fam
Too many goodbyes









No comments:

Post a Comment