CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It's Official!‏ December 14, 2015

So today Sister Strong and I went to downtown Omaha to this cute
shopping center called Old Market. There's a bunch of antique stores
and boutiques that I probably could've spent all day in. The sisters
in this mission all have matching sister rings and I finally got mine!
Now I'm officially a NOM missionary. ;)

This week was awesome! We went with the Snyder family to carol to a
member in the hospital. He's recovering from a bad car accident and
was really glad that we came to visit! On Wednesday we had Christmas
zone conference and a talent show! Our whole zone wore ugly sweaters
and sang happy birthday to president since it's his birthday today. We
had him come up on the stage and threw balloons at him, it was great!

Transfers are this week! We're both most likely staying together in
Walnut Creek so that's a relief! It's sad though because Sisters
Howes, Durrans, and Gray from the trail center plus our sister
training leader Sister Allen are all going home this week. On a
happier note, I was able to take a really great tour on Friday. The
two ladies were Helen and Emily and we had a good discussion. I shared
with them why I decided to serve and they asked so many questions
about our church. At the end they both took a Book of Mormon! That was
the day we tried to switch shifts because I had a doctor's appointment
that I've been needing to go to but I had to reschedule for tomorrow.
The tour was around the same time that I would've been at the doctors.
Heavenly Father knows our needs better than we do! I know I needed to
be there for that specific tour.

EXCITING NEWS! Connie and her daughter Makaela both came to church
yesterday!!!! That was so happy! More details to come on them. :)

Hope everyone has a fabulous week and good luck with finals!

Love,
Sister Irwin


No comments:

Post a Comment