CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Monday, December 7, 2015

Don't try this at home kids‏ December 7, 2015

Hello hello!

So I went sledding for the first time! Three others sisters and I went
down a hill right outside the trail center. First we tried a piece of
cardboard...wasn't the best idea. Then we found a trash can lid! It
was so much fun but we got all wet and a little muddy and we happened
to be on shift right after. There were no regrets :)

We have a new investigator! Woohoo! Her name is Connie and she's
friends/ neighbors with the Stake President's wife. She came with us
to the lesson and it was fabulous! She says she will be coming to
church this week so that's exciting!

Every Saturday morning we have training for the trail center sisters
and senior couples. Every first week of the month we have a birthday
brunch! They spoil us so much here. We were about to walk out the door
when Santa showed up! That was random but a good time was had by all.

I bore my testimony in sacrament yesterday and accidentally called it
a ward instead of a branch. Oh well it's just a foreshadow for the
future because we're going to turn it into a ward and it will be grand
and glorious! Right now we are tiny but mighty. We're only like 20
people away from being a ward though; my goal for the mission would be
to see it grow.

Last night a few of us got to watch the Christmas devotional at the
mission home with the Gardners! I love them so much and just realized
I don't think I've gotten a picture with them yet so that will have to
change. They are honestly the most loving, selfless, and gospel-driven
people I've ever met!

Sorry I feel like this email jumped all over the place but I love you
all and hope everyone is doing awesome!

Love,
Sister Irwin

No comments:

Post a Comment