CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Tuesday, December 22, 2015

In a cornfield far far away...‏ December 21, 2015

It's almost Christmas!!! And it seems like the only thing people ever
talk about is the new Star Wars movie that just came out. I'm sad I
can't go, someone tell me if it's any good! Apparently there's a
special new movie theater somewhere in Nebraska that's all Star Wars
themed! Nebraska is just the best all around. The people here are so
friendly and they LOVE to talk. My companion and I were able to meet
with an inactive family and we were probably sitting there listening
to them talk for about an hour until we got to our lesson! But it was
still awesome to see them because I think what they really need right
now are some friends.

This week after district meeting, Sister Strong and I went with Sister
Funk and Sister Fronk to this little French cafe and I had a croque
monsieur! Maybe the reason I thought I'd be serving my mission in
France is because there's quite a bit of French culture here believe
it or not. We actually live in a suburb of Omaha called Papillion -
which means butterfly.

Other happy new from this week:

I took the cutest bunch of kids on tour the other day and they loved
it! Miss Grady's 1st grade class.

We found three potential investigators while tracting who already know
people in the branch!

Sister Strong and I are still in Walnut Creek! Plus President wants us
to also cover part of Cottonwood since it's such a big area and ours
is pretty small. That means working with the other sisters and somehow
trading off when we go to their ward/meetings/a whole other group of
members to work with. We're still not exactly sure how that's going to
work but it will be great! :)

Since Christmas is this Friday, I just want to share a few of my
thoughts about the Savior. I know that God loves us so much that He
sent His Son for all of us. I know that without Jesus Christ we would
not have the hope, peace, and joy that come from having faith in Him
and His infinite atonement. Make sure to remember the true meaning of
Christmas and share it with others! Do something nice for someone. Do
something nice for someone anonymously. Charity is the pure love of
Christ. :) I'd like to challenge you all to think of a gift you want
to give the Savior this coming year. Whether it be a positive
attribute you want to work on or a bad habit you want to quit, the
choice is up to you! When we think about all that the Savior has done
for us personally, it shouldn't be hard to think of just one think to
give him. I know that doing this will bless your lives and help you
become more like Him!

I love you all dearly and hope everyone has the best Christmas ever!
It really is the most wonderful time of the year. :)

Love,
Sister Irwin




tc sister love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment