CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The last melon May 15, 2017

WOW where did the time go??

This is it friends! The last email that Sister Irwin will ever write. It's been a good ride in the good life. It can't get NE better than this. 

Thursday was our departing interviews with President Gardner. I cried like a baby then just sat in the mission office and waited for district meeting to start. Sweet secretary Sister Gareis gave me a spoon so I could cry in my applesauce and eat it too. It was greatly appreciated. Afterwards, Sam had his baptismal interview! It went awesome. Elder Grey said it was one of the best he's ever had! 

Saturday was Florence Days celebrating 150 years of Nebraska statehood and 170 years of the pioneers! It was an adventure with a mix of emotions too with departing testimonies at trail center training. We had birthday breakfast and then it was off to sing outside the old mill with a small group of sisters. The best past was that I ran into Diana there!! :) It was a pleasant surprise for both of us because she thought I had already left. She is just the best ever. I love her! Then it was off to Sam's baptism!! It was so so good. Word's can't even express. Dustin baptized Sam and they only had to do it once. Afterwards he gave two thumbs up!

Sam got confirmed yesterday on Mother's Day. It was bittersweet because his mom actually passed away a few years ago. I know she was smiling down on her son yesterday because that was the greatest gift a mom could ever ask for. We are all so excited for him to go to the temple to do his family's work. 

Well, I guess I'll end by sharing my testimony of our Savior and his gospel. I've been studying The Living Christ found here https://www.lds.org/liahona/2000/04/the-living-christ-the-testimony-of-the-apostles-the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints?lang=eng
What a remarkable journey it has been as one of his representatives. I know He lives. He is our Savior and Redeemer, and this is His church restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know we are lead by a living prophet today, and that that the priesthood power and authority is the only thing that can seal our families together for time and all eternity. The Book of Mormon is the word of God written for our day. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father letting me serve a full time mission. It has changed my life.
“And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!"

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. Temple trip
2. Almost expired
3. Sam dunk!! :)
4. Matching after the baptism
5. Take the road less traveled
6. Church is true






No comments:

Post a Comment