CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Saturday, March 18, 2017

Time Traveling pt. 4 March 13, 2017


Hey all you Zonies + other friends! We're now two hours ahead of you again. It's crazy!

Two of the best moments this week happened at gas stations. I've been praying for half my mission to find a guy wearing green at a gas station. The other day we stopped at your neighborhood QT for a bathroom break! I came out of the restroom, and lo and behold Sister Janson was talking to a YSA guy wearing a green shirt that literally said forest green on it! I almost screamed! His name was Carlos and he wrote down his number for us. Everything was great, until we got back in the car and discovered that we couldn't read his handwriting....we tried every combination that we thought it could be, and ended up calling like four wrong numbers....Note to self, always write down other peoples' numbers.

The other gas station miracle: we saw Dave again! He seemed really excited to see us too, and even gave us free food. :) Apparently he has Tuesdays off so we have an appointment with him tomorrow! We're also on exchanges, so I'm secretly hoping I get to be there for it!

Cold Spring is so great! We have another recent returned missionary, Mason, who just got home two weeks ago. We've taken him out for team ups, and also our power sibling duos: RM Spencer and Sami, and RM Hannah and Josh! We love them all, they're on fire!

John and David came to church again! We've met with them a few times and they are slowly but surely progressing! Dustin taught Gospel Principles about the scriptures and he drew this cool looking diagram about prophets. The person on top is God, the one in the middle is the prophet, and we are all the ones in the cave. It's so important that we follow the prophet because it's the only thing that we can see! He's the way to guide us in truth and righteousness. He can see both us and God, and is able to communicate as a middle man. He may be able to see part of the bigger picture, but still not as much as God. Heavenly Father sees the whole picture and knows what's in store for all of us as His children. We need to trust in Him. I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet who restored Jesus Christ's true church. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the called of God to be the prophet on the earth today. I love the Lord, and I love all of you! Don't dig a deeper hole. Follow the prophet, he knows the way!

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. We didn't choose the thug life
2. I have the best companion who makes us breakfast
3. Bowling with the Tremaynes! ðŸŽ³
4. Group shot :)
5. Gospel principles






No comments:

Post a Comment