CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Wednesday, January 18, 2017

It's fun to stay at the YSA! January 17, 2017

Sooo transfers happened! After moving twice in one week, I am officially back in the Papillion Stake - now in the Cold Spring Young Single Adult Ward! :) My new companion is Sister Firth who is a cute one. I love her!

On Tuesday night, Sister Beck and I had my last lesson with Doug. We went over the baptism interview questions and brought Diana since she's basically a pro. I can't wait for this Saturday!! Doug is so great and his kids are coming to support him. :)

Slowly but surely I'm meeting the YSAs here: Tanner, Devin, Brookelyn, Rachel, Josh, Alexis, Alyssa, Max, and more. Sarah and Janelle from Walnut Creek are here too; it will be fun to see them every week again! The ward is actually pretty small compared to San Marcos back home. We've got work to do!

Our ward mission leader, Tanner, took us to Chick-fil-a on Friday for dinner and we went over the ward list. He's a funny one! It's slightly weird associating with normal people my age again...we get to hear all the college life drama! #dontgettrunky

We are getting new directors at the Trail Center! I'm so sad that the Crandalls are leaving. :( I love them so much. It won't be the same without them, but I'm excited to meet the new ones this week.

The ice storm of 2017...wasn't actually that bad! There was some freezing rain that made the roads impossible to drive, but it didn't kill any of our power or last very long, so that was good. We were grounded from our cars Sunday night and most of yesterday. To stay productive we hardcore updated the area book and ward list. We called all the former investigators!! We made pumpkin waffles and smoothies while we watched The Testaments (now one of my favorite church movies by the way). We cleaned our apartment, did laundry, wrote letters, and prayed that the ice would melt!

I finished reading The Book of Mormon for the third time on my mission, and it's still true! If you've never read it - you should. If you've read it before but aren't currently - you should start again. It truly is another testament of Christ. It is the word of God written by prophets of old. It offers peace, direction, hope, and answers. It supports the Bible. I know it changes lives, because I've seen it. Pray and ask God if it's true! I promise He will answer. 

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. Sister Firth! :)
2. Goodbye to some of my STLs Youngberg and Lewis
3. Did some doodling at the UNO campus and left our number!
4. The Crandalls are leaving! Who will supervise the children?



No comments:

Post a Comment