CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Friday, December 16, 2016

I like to look for rainbows December 12, 2016

...Whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty
Of an earth made clean again
I want my life to be as clean
As earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can
And live with God again!

Saturday was the happiest day ever!!!! DIANA GOT BAPTIZED! When she came up her face was just glowing. It was a good turn out with her family, some others from the ward, and Doug! Her little 8 year old nephew gave the cutest talk ever. He just got baptized earlier this year so he was so excited for his aunt. :) 

Yesterday Diana was confirmed a member and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. Doug came to church for all three hours again! He's set for January 7th. :) We also visited with the Searles again and Amber is so awesome. She basically just shared her testimony with us the whole time. Brother Searle has the priesthood already so hopefully his work schedule lets him come to church more often and he can baptize her in the near future! They weren't at church this week because someone got sick, but the little 3 year old loves talking about Jesus and can't wait to go to primary.

My mission dream came true! I handed a Book of Mormon to someone at a red light through the window! There was a couple standing with a cardboard sign that I honestly couldn't read but I'm assuming they were asking for money. Instead they got something ever greater!

Whoever calls Sundays the day of rest has never worked a trail center shift during gingerbread. We had FOUR buses with different tour groups yesterday morning which kept us all on our toes! It's so fun though. I love staying busy especially at this time of year!

Exciting news, they're coming out with a District 3!! For all you out there wondering what the District is, it's a series of training videos that we watch. And part of this one is from the one and only Arizona Tempe Mission!! We got to watch one of the segments that was filmed in the ASU institute building and Elder Kwao is in it! I can't wait until we get to watch the whole thing!

Don't forget to Light the World! Today's theme is to teach others. :)

D&C 18:15 "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. Diana!! ♥
2. The whole Rodriguez familia! 
3. #getdunks
4. Dinner at the mission home




No comments:

Post a Comment