CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Monday, November 21, 2016

Count Your Blessings November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

On Friday, the Council Bluffs zone went to the temple and when we got out it snowed for the tiniest of tiny bits! It was so fun because Sister Ibanez is from the Philippines and had never seen snow before! 

We had the Gingerbread Festival ribbon cutting on Saturday morning and some old sisters came to visit as well! Then that night Sister Beck and I secretly arranged a surprise dinner for Sister Parsons with the Chappells and roped their good friends Bob and Lucy into coming. :)

Super happy news!! Shauna's nonmember fiance, Michael, came to church! Last thing we heard was that he didn't want anything to do with it. His heart is softening!

The biggest blessing of all is named Diana. She is Brother Rodriguez's sister who is also a nonmember. She has been coming every Sunday and is ready to be taught. The elders were teaching her for a little while, but then she moved away - now she's back and Brother Rodriguez was the one who told us about her. Diana is such a sweetheart and a single mom with two kids. She already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith! She is GOLDEN! We set her for baptism on December 10th!!! Last night was our first lesson with her and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Then we all had hot chocolate and Mexican pastries. We have another lesson with her tomorrow and then Thanksgiving dinner with her and her family on Thursday! I just love her so much already!

And I love all of you! I am grateful for everyone's support while I'm out here. I'm grateful for my parents, family, friends, companions, and dog. Most importantly, I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father and my Savior. Alma 26:37 - "Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S.
1. I love to see the temple
2. #lighttheworld coming to you soon in T-10 days
3. Gingerbread at it's finest
4. Reunion with Fronk, Hyde, Slater, and Murphy!
5. Birthday surprise for Sister Parsons 



  





No comments:

Post a Comment