CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I'm in the ER‏ May 9, 2016

I got transferred to the Eagle Run area! (ER) We talked with Harold on
the phone on one of my last nights and he said he'd put in a good word
and then he prayed that I could stay. I wish I didn't have to leave
him and all the amazing members there and Sister Young but apparently
the Lord has different plans. I'm super sad to be leaving my
birthplace but so far everyone that I've met is really nice here! My
new companion is Sister Parsons and she came out a transfer after me.
She is the sweetest ever - and way good at Spanish. We went to the
ghetto part of our area and these people who only spoke Spanish
invited us in and she had a full on lesson with them as I just sat
there dumbfounded. But it was awesome! We live with this fun couple
Bob and Lucy who aren't members but their daughter is. They've been
out of town for the weekend and won't be home until late tonight and
we somehow got locked out of the house...for the second time. Maybe we
can laugh at this some time down the road...maybe. :-)
Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing moms out there! We wouldn't be here without you!
Hope y'all have a good week. Don't get locked out of your houses, or drive on the wrong side of the road, or have bats fly at your head!
Love,
Sister Irwin
P.S. Going to the zoo made my whole life because of the sloth








I call this..the attack of the bats 2k16. This wasn't even the worst
part! We walked down on the jungle floor and had to go through a cave
where they swarmed at us! It was an adventure. Hope the video works below.


an adventure.








No comments:

Post a Comment