CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Monday, February 8, 2016

I have a young daughter! ‏ February 8, 2016

Okay, so the blizzard last week was a little crazy but not nearly as
bad as everyone made it seem! We still got grounded from our car
though which was bummy but Sister Strong and I deep cleaned for a long
time last Tuesday so that kept us busy. We also built a snowman! Later
that night we were itching to get out of the house so we decided that
we would be "real missionaries" and go walking out in the snow to some
peoples' houses! It took us almost a half hour to get all bundled up
haha but at least we stayed warm the whole night.

The next day we decided to shovel Sister Broomfield's driveway for her
and we literally were at it for over TWO HOURS because we only have
one shovel so we had to take turns, plus it was super icy underneath.
She ended up coming home while we were still there and she invited us
inside for a lesson! She was so funny when she got out of the car and
told us to be careful walking on the ice, "take baby steps and walk
like a duck".

Transfers were on Friday and my mom got moved to the young single
adult ward. I'm going to miss her. :( Now I'm a MOM! It's crazy
because I just got done with my twelve weeks of training and now I'm
training another brand new sister. Sister Young! I love her so much
already and we have a million things in common! It's a little scary
because I still feel like I sometimes have no clue what I'm doing and
now I have to be the one in charge. The fun thing is that the other
Nebrasquad sisters are all training too! So at least we can all
experience this new adventure together. :) We went to new sister
orientation and had lunch at the Crandall's just like our first week
which was way fun!

Sister Young and I found a new investigator by finding out their
little girl was in Girl Scouts! We taught the dad a little about the
Restoration and eternal families. Then we bought some Samoas! The
little girl was so cute because she explained how she takes her wagon
around the neighborhood to sell the cookies and if someone isn't home
they make sure to go back because it's not fair if everyone else has
cookies and one person doesn't! I told her it's kind of like what we
do as missionaries because the gospel makes people happy too just like
cookies. :)

Have a great week everybody! Eat a cookie!

Love,
Sister Irwin



This is from our district meeting last week. Just a bunch of goofballs!

No comments:

Post a Comment