CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Monday, January 18, 2016

Pigs are man's best friend!‏ January 18, 2016

First things first, I have to do shout outs to some January
birthdays!!! To my wonderful parents: you guys don't look a day over
25! To my best friend Jackie: I've loved growing up with you over the
past 13 years! To my amazing companion who probably won't even see
this: you're the best ever, thanks for putting up with me!

This week we met Rilla, and her grandchildren Egypt and Nick! Very
very sweet family. They've been through a lot but they know the most
important things are the gospel and family. They have a barbie room in
their house that's full of collector barbies - it's so fun! Then one
night we ate dinner with the Reeves and they have a room with star
wars collectibles everywhere! I took a lot of pictures in both. :)

This past week we met with Sister Hackleman who is the most energetic
woman I've ever met! She told us of her passion for missionary work
and some stories about her son who's on his mission right now. She got
us so pumped about the ward's new mission plan and how to involve
members more. Apparently there's a book called The Everyday Missionary
that she read and it inspired her. We were talking with her for about
two hours and left her house feeling so enthusiastic and high on life
it was great!

That's it for this week. Thanks for all your love and support! :)

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S. I think it's hilarious that there are two families in the branch
that have a pet pig! This is the Brendel's pig Bella who is a little
feisty and bites if you're not careful. They had to feed her cheerios
so we could get close enough for the picture haha!


1 comment:

  1. Everyday Missionaries is an awesome book, I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete