CALLED TO SERVE

Hello friends! :) I am currently serving as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Nebraska Omaha Mission. I'll be emailing home every week for the 18 months that I'm in the Cornhusker state; my amazing mom will be the one posting them on this here blog. Interested in church history? Come on down to the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters and I might just be there to give you a tour!

"As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Swede life April 10, 2017

Guess who's in another trio??? Yours truly! Sister Janson and I are now with Sister Svensson, from Sweden! She is so awesome, and the best thing is....we are dying together! It's so funny because we joke about it all the time that Sister Janson is kicking us both out. Fun fact, Sister Svensson's friend in the Minnesota Minneapolis is companions with Julia Ward! Small world. :)

The Papillion stake conference was this weekend. There were so many great talks on listening to the Spirit, making scripture studies the most efficient, and blessings of the temple! The most exciting news of all: Walnut Creek Branch is now Walnut Creek Ward! Ahh! My mission dream has come true and my baby area is growing! I squealed and almost jumped out of my seat when they announced it. I got to talk with a lot of old friends who feel like family now. It turns out that Bailey who has been going to school in Lincoln, comes back on the weekends. We got her number from Sister Snyder and we are going to set up a time to meet with her soon.

I am so excited for Easter! There's a different video on how to find peace through the Prince of Peace for every day this week at Mormon.org. I am so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. I want to end by sharing a scripture from The Book of Mormon.
Mosiah 16:6-9

And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption.
And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.
But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.

Love,
Sister Irwin

P.S. 
1. Trio life!!!
2. The Henry's granddaughters came to visit (they're older sister is serving at the Washington DC visitor center)
3. Flowers are blooming🌷



No comments:

Post a Comment